Legends of Equestria Design-A-Hairstyle Contest! [ENDED]
Legends of Equestria's initial December release is right around the corner! We're super hard at work polishing everything for you all to enjoy - but we've left a little room for you to have some fun and help us out, too!
We've decided to hold a competition for you to add your own little flair to the game, and have a chance at being credited as part of the Legends of Equestria project! All you have to do is share your ideas for mane and tail styles for all player characters to use - If you've got a super cool original idea for a hairstyle, we want to see it!
We've provided you with some templates below on which to base your design; all you have to do is create the perfect style, and submit it back to us in the forum thread as a response to this post! We'll then select twenty-five winning entries and incorporate them into the character creator for the game - for you, and for everyone else who plays!
The full details for the contest are listed below, but the important thing is to have fun with your designs! The contest will run from now until 10th September 2016, and we will announce the winners on 17th September 2016.
And just to reassure you - we aren't expecting you all to submit perfectly modeled masterpieces! As long as we can tell how it's meant to look, you'll have a shot at winning; so get creative, and have fun doing it, no matter what your skill level!
We're looking forward to seeing all your ideas! Good luck!
- Use the templates provided below as the basis for your design
- Unisex styles and matching facial hair are strongly encouraged, but ultimately it's your creation!
- Each submission should include (at least) both a mane and tail style
- LoE's character creation engine supports up to three different colours in a pony's mane and tail, so feel free to include multiple colours!
- Fully rendered designs aren't necessary, but designs should clearly indicate different colour regions where applicable
- One entry per person, submitted as a post to this forum thread; you can post multiple designs in this thread, but please clearly label your final submission!
- Twenty-five winners will be chosen by the team leaders of Legends of Equestria's Concept Art and 3D Modeling teams
This contest is open to anyone, regardless of age, technical abilities, or geographical location. By submitting, you (the artist) grant the Legends of Equestria project a nonexclusive worldwide license to use, modify, and distribute your design in both the game itself and in promotional content, under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareALike license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/), as per which you will receive attribution in the game itself; this does not affect your own rights to the design. Submissions will be judged by team leaders from our Concept Art and 3D Modeling teams, and their decisions are final. All submissions are made with the understanding that winning designs will be incorporated into the project; there will be no other substantive reward or prize for entrants or winners. Any accepted entries may be edited or redesigned to meet the technical requirements of the project, and may differ between submission and integration into the game. Submitted designs should not violate, or incorporate elements of, any copyrighted third-party material, and should not contain any inflammatory, derogatory, or materials otherwise unsuitable for the tone of the project. The team reserves the right to disqualify any entries we receive, for example if they contradict the rules outlined above, or for any other reasons/issues which may arise later. By submitting a design, you indicate your agreement to all aforementioned rules.